Shoulder Pain Diagnosis and Treatment
Successful shoulder pain treatment depends on a proper diagnosis. Patients who are not sure of the cause of their shoulder pain should be evaluated by a medical professional. Once the condition is identified, shoulder pain treatment can begin. This may occur as home treatment, and some self treatments such as stretching and strengthening. Patients may be given over-the-counter or prescription pain medications to manage pain symptoms. In severe cases, knee surgery may be needed to correct the problem.
To diagnose the cause of shoulder pain, medical professionals will evaluate the following:
- What type of shoulder pain the patient is experiencing
- Where the pain occurs within the shoulder and arm region
- Whether or not the pain “moves” to other places in the shoulder or arm
- Whether or not other symptoms accompany shoulder pain
- Severity of the shoulder pain, especially at various points during the day
- Whether or not the shoulder pain varies with certain activities or conditions
- What actions or movements reproduce your shoulder pain
BECOMING PAINFREE IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK
Call our expert team.
We’ll work with you to find and treat the root of your pain.
Get back to doing what you love.