As you can see Insertional Achilles pain is different than Achilles Tendinitis.
To find out more information about Achilles pain and Achilles tendinitis CLICK HERE
Here are 5 ways to treat Insertional Achilles Tendon Pain:
- stop running and painful activities and add a heel lift into shoe to de-load the Achilles tendon
- or add a heel cup in shoe to cushion heel
- don’t stretch calf muscle or do calf raises
- wear comfortable shoes that do not irritate the back of the heel
- start taking 1-2 weeks of anti-inflammatories until pain free (then start physical therapy)