Hip Pain Diagnosis and Treatment
Successful hip pain treatment depends on a proper diagnosis. Patients who are not sure of the cause of their hip pain should be evaluated by a medical professional. Once the condition is identified, hip pain treatment can begin. This may occur as home treatment, and some self treatments such as foam rolling. Patients may be given over-the-counter or prescription pain medications to manage pain symptoms. In severe cases, hip surgery may be needed to correct the problem.
To diagnose the cause of hip pain, medical professionals will evaluate the following:
- What type of hip pain the patient is experiencing
- Where the pain occurs within the hip or leg region
- Whether or not the pain “moves” to other places in the hip or leg
- Whether or not other symptoms accompany hip pain
- Severity of the hip pain, especially at various points during the day
- Whether or not the hip pain varies with certain activities or conditions
- What actions or movements reproduce your hip pain
BECOMING PAINFREE IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK
Call our expert team.
We’ll work with you to find and treat the root of your pain.
Get back to doing what you love.